Are you our next CFO/COO in Sydney?
Be part of Australia’s #1 accounting firm for startups, dedicated to doing things differently.
We’re ‘operators’ first, accountants second. We work alongside our clients as part of their teams. Now in our sixth year, we’re looking for the right person to join our Sydney partner and continue our growth.
As a CFO on our team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to grow an innovative accounting and CFO practice, and be part of our journey as we continue to expand in Australia (in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide) and head overseas.
You’ll work on the business development side, networking and bringing in startup clients and working with them in a part-time operational CFO/COO capacity.
You won’t have to do it all yourself, and you don’t have to quote accounting standards. You’ll have the support of our established Sydney partner who, as a tax expert, will also come in handy for your clients. And you’ll have our core accounting and support team in Melbourne and Manila behind you, too.
More specifically, you will:
- Represent Standard Ledger based out of the Sydney Startup Hub alongside our clients
- Work on business development opportunities within the startup ecosystem
- Depending on your skill set, you’ll provide tax, accounting, R&D and grant and advisory services to clients, leveraging from the rest of our team
- Help startups manage their operations effectively, such as streamlining complex payments/invoicing systems and integration issues
- Help clients manage and grow their businesses (not just meet accounting standards)
- Help clients access funding by leveraging our partnerships in R&D finance, valuations and equity crowdfunding
- Assist startup clients with capital raising
- Benefit from our marketing, networks and brand to attract diverse and interesting clients
- Present at workshops/webinars on finance subjects for startups and fast-growing SMEs
There’s also the possibility of owning part of the bigger picture with equity in our business via an employee share scheme.
You’re an accountant or entry to mid-level CFO/COO/Finance or Commercial Manager but not the usual sort (because we’re not the usual sort of firm). In other words, we’re looking for an energetic, entrepreneurially minded professional who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and has a track record of helping clients grow their businesses.
You’re good at spotting opportunities, synergies and different ways of doing things, and you’re able to provide sound strategic advice at each stage of a business’s evolution. But you’re not precious. We do have a team behind us but you’ll still need to get into the financial weeds sometimes. And did you say you’d tried a startup or three yourself?
If you’re not ready to hustle with and for our clients, please don’t apply. If you’re already active in the startup ecosystem but are frustrated by your own accounting (or other) firm and want to be more in control of your own destiny, please do apply.
A little more about us
By now you know we’re not traditional accountants. But what does that actually mean?
In short, it means we lean in. Into smart accounting software and savvy partnerships that make our work more efficient and affordable. Into our clients’ businesses to measure the right metrics, streamline operations and pursue growth plans. And into life. We work out of coworking spaces and from home as it suits work and family, backed by our core support team.
All up, we’re a friendly focused bunch with a passion for growing great businesses and learning along the way.
You can read our own founder story here.
When can you start?
We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible, although it doesn’t need to be full time straight away. We’re keen to find the right fit for us and you, and we’ll work with you on the conditions needed to make that happen.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please email us on email@example.com with your cover letter and CV. In your cover letter, please make sure you explain:
- Your experience with startups/fast-growing businesses
- Why you’re the right fit for the role
- What secret weapon you’d bring onboard
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Go well.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Want to really understand startup funding?
Startup Funding Sorted: Your guide
Your complete guide to startup funding, including real life founder stories and pro tips from funding experts.