Expanding to the UK: A guide for AU startups
What to know before you go
If you’re thinking about expanding to the UK but don’t know where to start (and don’t have time to do all the research), you’re in luck. Having done it ourselves – for our startup clients and our own business – we’ve put together a guide full of practical advice about how to set up right from the start. Grab it before you go!
With this guide, you'll learn:
- Different business structures and what’s usually best for startups
- Companies House and how to comply with your UK legal obligations
- HMRC and the main tax schemes and bank account options
- How to pay staff in the UK and the main visas you’ll come across
- Funding support, such as the Export Market Development Grant, R&D tax relief and UK startup concessions
Instead, we’ve stuck to the key areas that are important at the beginning of your UK expansion journey. Remember, we've done this too so we know it can all seem pretty complex to begin with!
Do you know others who could use the guide? Share it with your networks.
Read this bit! As with all our resources, please don’t take this as personal advice for your business or situation.
You need to speak to us for that.
Need more support?
We're for founders
and business owners
Connect with other founders + learn about equity, valuations, funding and more at our free events.
There’s a lot to learn from other founders. Read their stories + others on finance and funding.
Free guides and tools like cashflow templates and financial models to help you help yourself.