Free cap table template for startups
Easily keep track of your startup's ownership
If you plan to issue shares or other forms of equity in your startup, you’ll need a cap table to manage it. Get started with our template that lets you try different scenarios and track ownership in one place.
Who's it for?
- Track ownership of your startup company
- Record different types of ownership, including shares and rights to shares
- Play around with different shareholding scenarios over multiple past and future funding rounds
- Include an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Make live updates to your cap table and share it easily
While it gives you options to include different types of stock ownership, this template is designed for relatively straight forward situations.
When you're ready to move on from a spreadsheet, speak to us about how we (and our friends at Cake Equity) can help.
We help startups raise capital and get set for success
Do you know others who could use the cap table template?
Share it with your networks.
Read this bit! As with all our resources, please don’t take this as personal advice for your business or situation.
You’d need to speak to us for that.
Need more support?
We're for founders
and business owners
Connect with other founders + learn about equity, valuations, funding and more at our free events.
There’s a lot to learn from other founders. Read their stories + others on finance and funding.
Free guides and tools like cashflow templates and financial models to help you help yourself.